Sonntag, 6. September 2015

Sewing a Baby Nest

Based on this tutorial I recently created my own baby nest. I am currently 37 weeks pregnant, so I wanted to get this baby nest done before our little one arrives!

If you want to recreate this, make sure to get enough fabric, that the fabric is soft enough for your little one to sleep in and that you use the same kind of fabric for both the top and bottom piece (ie don't mix elastic with non-elastic etc.).

Cut

When cutting your pieces, I would advise to fold them in half and pin them together, and then cut them out. That way you will cut them 100% symmetrical.

Sew

Then it's just putting them right side together and sewing around, leaving the entire bottom part open for stuffing. 


I don't have any pictures of this step, but at this point you have to add the trim over the seam (on the right side), leaving enough room to thread your rope through. 

Bedding

adding the Bedding was a kind of adventurous! I have never before used my sewing machine to sew over thick padding like this before. 



Ring

For the outer ring, make sure you have enough stuffing! I bought 3 packages (each had 200g of stuffing) and it wasn't quite enough. In the end, 4 did the trick! 


Finishing Touches

The last step was adding the cord lock and sewing the bottom together. I did that by hand, but maybe you can make it work in your machine. 



And here is the finished product! 





Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen